Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Daiso Needle Felting Bunny Kit

So, once I'd gotten the felting bug, I bought several kits off of Amazon for relatively cheap. Several sets came from Daiso brand. I so wish there was a Daiso where I lived, but yay for those who do live near one and sell those items. Yes, I know, I am probably being ripped off, but...Daiso products!!! :-)

So one of the needle felting kits was the cute pink bunny you see here. I kind of think it's a he, even though he's pink. This little guy's face is just so adorable, and the packaging is super cute too. I just had to have it.

So when you open the package, you get the wool for the project, a felting needling, plastic eyes, and a chain to make this little guy into a key chain or you could just hang him on whatever you want. Right away, I noticed the wool in this set is way better than the wool in the Dimensions set I reviewed earlier. No icky debris to be seen, just nice pink wool. In the set you also get an instruction sheet that is in Japanese, and I want to say it was English on the reverse side. I know I didn't have trouble piecing him together, so there is either English on one side of the sheet or the pictures are very detailed and show you the steps well.




So, after much stabby stabby, this is what I got. Ok, so he's doesn't really look like the picture on the package. Ok, he doesn't look like it at all, besides the fact that he's pink, but I still adore him. Once again, I think the problem was that I used too much wool and tried to rush through this. Needle felting requires time and patience, and while I was taking my time, I so didn't want to stab myself, I still ended up with big ears and a wonky face. The face, I believe, is because I was trying to be precise and that caused me to keep felting and that changed the shape of my bunny. But even though he's kind of wonky, he's unique, and I love him. I would like to try this set again to see what kind of results I get now that I know what shape I am looking for, and I know to build up rather than just take a big hunk of wool and go at it.

Hummm, I think I need to name this guy. Hummm, I think...Fluffer McFluffybutt. Yep, perfect. LOL! I hope you guys like seeing my silly little guy. I have more to share, and this guy isn't even the worst one, if you can believe that. Let's just say, there's this dolphin and well...you'll have to stay tuned to see him. :-)

And on that note, I am off my lovelies. I have many things to do today, like take pictures of my 17inch girls to show you. I meant to take pictures when I got them, but I just haven't been up to it, nor had time, nor had a good place to take pictures. But you will see them soon in this space and I can't wait to share them with you. :-) Take care until my next post. Bye for now. :-)

Love always,
Mickey ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?